IT and Domain Law
The Internet is increasingly becoming a key part of corporate strategy for business operations. At the same time, the importance of certain domain addresses and company websites as a modern form of business card is growing. Since a domain can only be assigned once, it is important to secure it and protect it from outside influence.
Many entrepreneurs only see the opportunities of the Internet, but often overlook the risks (e.g. domain management, proper cancellation policy) associated with the activities and presence of companies in digital competition and are not prepared for this. Especially in long-distance sales, many entrepreneurs are not aware that their instructions on the right of withdrawal are not correct and that extended and no withdrawal periods apply! Missing information on the website or violations of data protection can also quickly result in a costly warning.
We support entrepreneurs in IT and domain issues, for example:
- Paid warning along with a declaration of discontinuance (attack/defense)
- Restraining order (attack/defense)
- Domain protection, domain grabbing, DISPUTE request, CLOSE request
- Domain purchase and transfer
- Removal of internet listings and ratings
- "meta tags"
- Compliance with the provisions of the Telecommunications Act (TKG) for the website (e.g. imprint obligation, necessary mandatory information)
- Right of withdrawal and information requirements for distance selling (e.g. design requirements, consumer instruction)
- Privacy on the Internet